Saturday, July 11, 2009

Deck shoes and Chop Saw

Many people enjoy simple pleasures in life. Big purses, pierced ears, cut-off jeans, tatoos etc.

I enjoy deck shoes. They are very practical, easy to put on, versitle and represent a laid back lifestyle. I had to retire a favorite pair on mine yesterday. They started out as dress shoes, then as casual shoes and then as yard shoes. They were split and the soles were about gone.
Time to cycle another pair.

My chop saw quit working. I hope it can be fixed.
That chop saw has made a lot stuff. I bought it to build a deck around a pool 10 years ago. Since then it has made living room tables for Becki, a car bed for Taylor an entry table for Beth and many other interesting things. It has been a big part of my design-build process for years. I do not follow plans very well. I look at pictures and build...no....make that create items from wood.

The saw is not most powerful or has all the bells and whistles of some, but it did get the job done.
I hope I can fix it so it can help create many more design/build projects for others to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment